The UFC’s injury bug strikes again.
The UFC on FOX 5 card was going so well, up until a week ago. First Lavar Johnson backs out of his fight and then today UFC President Dana White announced that Tim Means was forced out of his fight with Abel Trujillo.
Means slipped during his weight cut in the sauna and unfortunately knocked himself out. Marcus LeVesseur will be stepping in for the injured Means at tomorrow’s UFC on FOX 5 card.
LeVesseur (22-6) has gone 1-1 in his UFC career. He is coming off his first win inside the Octagon, a split decision victory over Carlo Prater at UFC on FX 5 back in October. He will be stepping in on one days notice.
LeVesseur was originally scheduled against Michael Chiesa at UFC on FOX 5, however he was forced out of the fight due to illness.
UFC on FOX 5 goes down this Saturday from the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington. The main event is for the lightweight title as Benson Henderson looks to defend his strap against Nate Diaz. In the co-main event, we have a possible light heavyweight number one contender match between Alexander Gustafsson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. Rounding out the FOX card is B.J. Penn vs. Rory MacDonald and Mike Swick vs. Matt Brown.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013