Travis Browne lost his first professional MMA fight this past weekend at UFC on FX 5 at the hands of Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva.
Early in the first round, “Hapa” threw a kick and visibly hurt himself. “Bigfoot” took advantage of the situation and finished the fight by TKO in the very first round. Following the fight, Browne’s trainer, Greg Jackson tweeted that Browne had blown out his knee on the first kick of the fight. However, that was not the case, Browne made it clear after seeing the doctor what went wrong.
And they said I tore my hamstring, ill be out for 2-4 months. Luckily no surgery. Thank you again for your support. Ill be back stronger! – via Browne’s Twitter account.
The injury will result in Browne missing the rest of the year, but at least it will require no surgery. Hopefully “Hapa” can fully recover from the torn hamstring and rebound from his first professional loss.
(Photo by Paul Abell-US PRESSWIRE)
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013