On Saturday night the UFC returns to the Sin City for UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar. The Super Bowl weekend cards are known for being stacked and this one is no different.
The main event is for the UFC featherweight championship, as Jose Aldo looks to defend his strap against former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar. Featured in the co-main event is the former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
Looking to lock up a title shot is Alistair Overeem who will return to the Octagon against Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva.
Check out the “UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar bottom line” below thanks to FightMetric.com.
- Aldo has stuffed 95% of his opponents takedowns
- Both Aldo and Edgar have great strikes and their landed strikes per minute are very similar. Aldo at 3.55 and Edgar at 3.32
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Evans takedown ability is great not only as a part of his offensive attacks, but his defense is tremendous too. He averages 3.7 takedowns a fight and lands 53% of his attempts. With his defense being an impressive 66%
- On the other side Nogueira has great takedown defense as well. He has stuffed 65% of his opponents attempted takedowns.
Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva
- Overeem’s striking is on another level. His strikes landed per minute are 3.42, with his striking accuracy being 56%. The most impressive part of his stand-up game is his ability to not get punched. His strikes absorbed per minute are a very low 1.61
- The one spot that Bigfoot stand ahead of Overeem is his takedown defense. If he Overeem even attempts to take it to the ground, the man they call Bigfoot has stuffed 67% of his former opponents takedowns
Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
- Fitch who is known for his great and to some boring wrestling game has an amazing striking arsenal and his accuracy is insane at 50%
- In Maia’s career his submission average is 1.44%
- McCall who isn’t even known as the fastest flyweight in the division comes in with a great 3.39 strikes landed per minute. While Benavidez’s striking defense is 66%
- Benavidez is a wrestler at heart, however it may be tough to take McCall down as his takedown defense over his career is sitting at 82%
Make sure you check out UFC 156 this Saturday night live on PPV.