It sounds as if we have a co-main event on our hands for UFC 160, as Mark Hunt has finally received his visa and will be able to make it to Las Vegas to take on the former heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos.
On Sunday Hunt made the announcement via Twitter.
Thank u for my visa father
— mark richard hunt (@markhunt1974) May 19, 2013
Last week Hunt was stuck in Australia due to visa issues, which had fans and media alike worried about the UFC 160 co-main event’s status. As you can see from the tweet above he has gotten his visa and this past Friday he was also cleared to fight by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The New Zealand native took the place of Alistair Overeem in the co-main event slot, as “The Reem” was forced to withdraw due to injury.
Hunt (9-7) is coming off one of the biggest victories of his career at this past weekends UFC on FUEL TV 8 event. He knocked out a giant in Stefan Struve, which put his current win streak at four. With a win over dos Santos a title shot could be looming.
Dos Santos (15-2), the former UFC Heavyweight Champion, is coming off a loss to Cain Velasquez at this past December’s UFC 155 card. The man they call “Cigano” was riding a 10-fight winning streak prior to the loss to Velasquez.
UFC 160 will go down on May 25 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event will be for the UFC heavyweight championship as Cain Velasquez will take on Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva.
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013
- Justin Gaethje takes home Boost Mobile #Rattlethecage bonus for WSOF 6 performance - December 7, 2013