The night didn’t start off with a bang in Brazil for UFC Fight Night 28, but once the main card hit, it sure turned around.
UFC President Dana White announced that Glover Teixeira, Piotr Hallmann, Rafael Natal and Tor Troeng each took home $50,000 for their performances.
Main event fighter Teixeira (22-2) looked to be in some trouble early in the first round, but right when Ryan Bader thought he had the fight finished, the Brazilian turned around and ended up knocking him out. The KO earned him “Knockout of the Night” honors and the next shot at the UFC light heavyweight title.
Hallman (14-1) made his UFC debut and was completely dominated in the first round. He was dropped with a body kick by Francisco Trinaldo, but was able to hold on until the second round. Hallman was able to turn it around in the second round and end up pulling off a very tight kimura. The shoulder lock earned Hallman “Submission of the Night”.
Natal (17-4-1) and Troeng (16-5-1) battled in a back and forth ground battle for the majority of the fight. The Brazilian Natal was able to drop Troeng with some nice punches, but never wound up being able to get the finish. The fight earned both men the “Fight of the Night” bonus.
UFC Fight Night 28 took place at Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Frankie Edgar receives BJJ black belt from Ricardo Almeida - December 9, 2013
- Heavyweight title fight set for MFC 39 - December 9, 2013
- WSOF 7: The Aftermath - December 8, 2013
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013