Two more match-ups have been added to the ever evolving UFC on FUEL TV 9 fight card. In the welterweight division Adlan Amagov will square off against Chris Spang and Michael Johnson will take on Reza Madadi in a lightweight battle.
Amagov (11-2-1) is a former Strikeforce fighter who held a 3-1 record in the promotion. At the August Strikeforce event, Amagov defeated Keith Barry by TKO in the very first round. Having fought in the light heavyweight and middleweight divisions already, he will continue to drop weight and fight at welterweight against Spang.
Spang (5-1) was also a Strikeforce fight and is coming off a TKO victory over Nah-Shon Burrell at Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier this past May. He went 3-1 under the Strikeforce banner and will look to improve his record as he makes his UFC debut.
Johnson (12-7) was on a three fight winning streak prior to losing a unanimous decision to Myles Jury at UFC 155 this past December. Since losing in the TUF 12 Finale to Jonathan Brookins, Johnson has gone 4-3 inside the Octagon.
Madadi (12-3) lost his last fight to Cristiano Marcello on October 13, 2012 at UFC 153. However, prior to that loss he was riding an impressive seven fight winning streak.
UFC on FUEL TV 9 goes down from the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden. The main event is a light heavyweight tussle between hometown favorite Alexander Gustafsson and former Strikeforce fighter Gegard Mousasi.
- St-Pierre dropping UFC welterweight title? - December 13, 2013
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013