With rumors previously being swirled about the UFC coming to Calgary and then them being semi squashed due to the Canadian Medical Association things may have just turned around. UFC President Dana White and Director of Canadian Operations Tom Wright will be in Calgary on Wednesday, March 21 to make a major announcement.
Starting at noon, the pair will host a specialpress conference to be held at Flames Central in downtown Calgary. The event is open to the public.
Then, on Thursday, March 22, Alberta-based UFC fighters Nick Ring, Jason MacDonald and Mitch Clarke will be taking part in an open workout from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BDB Martial Arts. This event is open to the public and will give fans an up close look at mixed arts training and some of Canada’s best local talent. Calgary Stampeders players Eric Fraser and Corey Mace will also be on hand to learnsome MMA training techniques first hand.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (all free and open to the public):
UFC Press Conference:
WHEN: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 – 12 p.m. MTN (doors to the public at 11:30 a.m.)
WHERE: Flames Central, 219-8th Street SW, Calgary
WHO: UFC President Dana White, UFC Director of Canadian Operations Tom Wright
UFC Open Workouts:
WHEN: Thursday, March 22, 2012 – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. MTN
WHERE: BDB Martial Arts, 3300 14th Ave NE
WHO: Jason MacDonald, UFC Middleweight
Nick Ring, UFC Middleweight
Mitch Clarke, UFC Lightweight
Eric Fraser, Calgary Stampeders defensive back
Corey Mace, Calgary Stampeders defensive lineman
- Video: Pray for Shane – Coach Colin Oyama and Giva Santana ask for your prayers - December 3, 2013
- Tickets to UFC on FOX 10 on sale Friday Dec. 6 - December 3, 2013
- Video: Ronda Rousey on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ - December 3, 2013
- Video: UFC on FOX 9 Road to the Octagon full episode - December 3, 2013
- Video: Bentley vs Hanscomb head to head for the vacant BFL Featherweight title - December 2, 2013