Things got a little hotter than expected at today’s weigh-ins for UFC on FX 8 in when Vitor Belfort got off the scales. After successfully weighing in at 186 lbs., “the Phenom” walked over to his opponent, Luke Rockhold, for the traditional face-off. The animosity was obvious as Rockhold got right in Belfort’s face, causing the Brazilian to forcefully shove him away. UFC staff stepped in and separated the pair before the altercation went any further.
Vitor Belfort (22-10) is scheduled to face Luke Rockhold (10-1) tomorrow night in the main event of UFC on FX 8. Prelims begin at 3PM PT/6PM ET on Sportsnet 1 in Canada, and Fuel TV in the US, with the main card set to air on Sportsnet 1 and FX starting at 6PM PT/9PM ET.
- Demian Maia vs. Rory MacDonald announced for UFC 170 - December 7, 2013
- Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier rumoured for UFC 170 - December 6, 2013
- WSOF 7 weigh-in results and notes - December 6, 2013
- Stats for Suckas: Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva - December 6, 2013
- OneFC signs PXC champion Harris Sarmiento - December 6, 2013