India’s number one MMA promotion Super Fight League (SFL) has added a monster to their roster, as they have signed former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley.
MMASucka.com has learned from sources close to the promotion that they have locked up Lashley to a multi-year exclusive contract.
Lashley (7-2) was the former WWE World Champion and made his transition to mixed martial arts in 2008. He started off his career on a five-fight winning streak, beating well known names like Bob Sapp and Wes Simms. “The Dominator” signed a deal with the now defunct Strikeforce organization and went 1-1, with his lone loss to Chad Griggs.
Most recently the 36-year old heavyweight fought and lost a decision to former PRIDE star James Thompson at SFL 3 last May.
Lashley trains in Aurora, Colorado with American Top Team Altitude.
He is rumored to make his second appearance with the India based promotion some time this June.
- TUF 19 cast revealed for Team Edgar vs. Team Penn - December 17, 2013
- Carlos Condit and Tyron Woodley square off at UFC 171 - December 17, 2013
- MMASucka Product Review: Magnum Rocket Science - December 16, 2013
- Demetrious Johnson knocks out Joseph Benavidez to retain flyweight championship - December 14, 2013
- Urijah Faber cements his position as number one contender with win over Michael McDonald - December 14, 2013